Do you take prescription drugs for your health problems? Or would you like to go for over-the-counter medications? Either way, you need to be informed about the medication safety tips that can save your life.
Medications can be divided into two categories:
- Prescription drugs: These drugs require a prescription from the doctor to be purchased at a pharmacy.
- Non-prescription or over-the-counter drugs: These drugs do not require any prescription and are easily available at the pharmacies.
Prescription drugs are usually stronger than over the counter (OTC) drugs and have serious side effects, if they’re taken inappropriately. That is why prescription medications are sold under doctors’ direction with proper dosage. In case, you’re not clear about your prescription, just ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information. Examine your prescription properly and if you find any discrepancy then ask your pharmacist to resolve it immediately.
Medication Safety Tips
- Get complete moved to steroids-au.com information about your medication before buying it from your pharmacist.
- Discuss the risks and side-effects of your new medication with your doctor or pharmacist. You can also ask your doctor to prescribe an alternate drug, if you are allergic to any specific salt.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist clearly about your allergies beforehand.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all of the non-prescription drugs, herbals, vitamins, and other dietary supplements that you are currently taking. Some of them may interfere with your drug and can harm you.
- Take your medications as prescribed by your doctor. If you face any difficulty with your medication, consult it with your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
- Examine the label of your prescription medication carefully. If you do not understand anything about it, just ask about it.
- Don’t decrease, increase or stop taking medicines without consulting your doctor.
- Don’t share your prescription medication with anyone and don’t take any medication that is prescribed for someone else.
- Make sure to discard the expiry or outdated medications.
- If you miss your medication dosage, then don’t double your next dosage. Consult your doctor immediately.
- Examine the label content of your prescription properly, when you go for a refill. Tell your pharmacist immediately, if your pills look different.
- Place your medications in a safe place away from moisture and hot temperature. Keep them out of reach of children.